Monday, February 6, 2012

overwhelmed

Today I am overwhelmed. Not in the way I would normally feel overwhelmed with busyness, stress, to do lists, and worry. Today I am overwhelmed with God's presence and His peace. Yesterday at church we talked about prayer, about living in constant communication with God. Praying for your neighbors each time you pass their house, praying for the teachers and students as you pass a school, etc. Then our pastor reminded us of the part of prayer that I all too often overlook. The listening, the waiting, the still in His presence, soaking Him in part of prayer. And that's what I want, need. So today while I played, washed, cleaned, and ate I asked God to keep me still. And I am overwhelmed by His love, His goodness, his mercy, and how He blesses my family. And I just want to sit and be quiet and soak Him in. To sit at His feet and seek, and be full of Him.

9

The peace I feel today comes from surrounding myself with Him. I am memorizing Colossians 3 and I love how my mind is constantly going through these words.

8

My Mom got me a wonderful devotional book called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I keep it and my Bible on the kitchen table and I find myself sitting down at the table throughout the day to remind myself of His promises.

7

My heart leaps for joy when I think of the work that God has done. Our sweet Addie accepted Christ yesterday. There are no words to express my feelings. I am in awe of Him. The past few weeks have been full of struggles and distractions. But with with my heart and mind set on the things above, I will rejoice and know that God is good.


3 comments:

Kristin said...

Tell Addie I'm so excited for her. And rejoicing with the angels!

ashley said...

You're such an encouragement to me friend! Praise God for Addie's exciting news..."He who called us is faithful!"

annalee said...

REJOICING!